Mar 16, 2014

Vietnam Trip – Day 4


Previously in Vietnam: DAY 2 & 3

I spent the last day in Vietnam walking around Ho Chi Minh city and trying local delicacies that I had yet to try during the trip. I’ll let the pics do the talking =)

IMG_0929Broken rice with pork chop, steamed egg and shredded pork skin

IMG_0932IMG_0930Steamed rice cakes with shrimp and pork rinds (surprisingly I quite liked these! The fish sauce was so good)

IMG_0931Spicy pho (bun bo hue)

IMG_0934Meatballs pho (bo vien)

IMG_0933Vietnamese coffee with lots of milk =)

We had all the food in Parkson Plaza’s food court. Recommended for those who don’t have the luxury of time to explore around to try different kinds of Asian cuisines. It’s all here! According to my friend, Lan, most of the food stalls are good (we only tried 3 of them and they were all good).

Ho Chi Minh City HallIMG_0936IMG_0940

Notre Dame Cathedral
IMG_0943
IMG_0948IMG_0951IMG_0952IMG_0941

Central Post OfficeIMG_0954
IMG_0956IMG_0958IMG_0960IMG_0965IMG_0970

Then… I flew back to Singapore. With the damage.
Posted on Instagram: @limjoannaa – follow me? ;)

Yes I had dragonfruits in my suitcase. In case I have not told you yet, on the way back from Phan Thiet to Ho Chi Minh, we dropped by a dragonfruit heaven. I was SO amused. Never did I see so many dragonfruits in my life lol. I love dragonfruits, especially the red ones. (how many times did I say dragonfruit here? Haha)

IMG_0922

I never saw the green ones before. Inside is white though. They say one dragonfruit tree could produce up to 3 times. The ‘ombre’ kinds are the second harvest.

IMG_0924

Overall it was a good trip. It was a last-minute decision to go on this trip and I’m glad that I did go. And it was the first time I went to a new country by myself! Though I did meet my friends there, but still, it was a mini adventure :) More adventures to come (hopefully)!

Thanks for reading!

DAY 1 // DAY 2 & 3

 

xo, Jo

2 comments:

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

Looks like you had a real adventure in Vietnam! I've never been and would totally love to visit. I had no idea there were different varieties of dragonfruit. We only get the red ones in NYC.

Rowena @ rolala loves

trishie said...

Looks like a great trip! I loved thSe food during my travels to Vietnam. So delicious...and now my mouth is watering at the memories. Stu is a huge fan of dragonfruit - he would absolutely love to visit that dragonfruit heaven!!